IGUANA.bannerBflat

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stop Wasting Your Life Away, You Fool

I'm dropping everything, EVERYTHING, in my life right now to do something I have to. I must do. Right Now. I don't want to do it, I NEED to do it. I've woken up E V E R Y morning for the past 6 years saying to myself, "Ryan Kelly, you HAVE to do this, NOW". I then I don't do it.

Everyone close to me knows what it is. My gallery name, The name of this blog, My flickr name, my ebay name, etc, etc,.. should all clue in to what it is. I need to mention that i'd rather fully write and draw 20 books rather than write a "pitch". But, Here I go. Character sketches, eearggh, Here i go. I got to get in the game, especially when i'm sitting on the most important thing I feel I'll ever do in my life.

In other news:

The best darn sketch pen (and extremely hard to find) Tradio pen by Pentel is now a prominently featured item at Wet Paint on Grand Ave, Saint Paul:



Pros: Everyone describes the "juicy" ink flow. Dries immediately on copy paper. Makes a great bold comic line.

Cons: It can take up to an hour to dry on comic bristol. Sometimes catches on the rough paper. The Pen itself is a little pricey. Refills there are $3.50 a pop.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger X said...

hahah I'm so excited. I'm sure someone will take it..you're awesome how could they turn you down!?!??!
-michelle

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! YES! Funrama at last!! (maybe.) Knock 'em dead, Ryan!

7:40 PM  
Blogger FLAMEAPE said...

Right On, Anonymous!

So do you draw your Northlanders or other pro comics art with this pen? Looks awesome, thanks for the recommend.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home